Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus ZX3 from Frisco, TX would like to meet pals
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
Ma-fia
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3556
What I Drive: 2002 Grass Green ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Ma-fia Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes, the car was painted. When I was in Italy in 1999 I fell in love with the color of a green Nissan Micra. Ever since I got the Focus in 2002 I wanted to re-paint it. It was a fairly nice charcoal gray, but but all cars I've ever had, either were similar color of green from the beginning, or were painted. So... Finally, in 2009 I did paint this one. Didn't want to spend 3.000 bucks on a "really custom" paint job, so I spent 3 days looking for a color code of the vehicle I've seen, found a Nissan colors catalogue and had the Focus painted at Maaco. It cost like $500-600. They did a fairly good job.
I am very happy with it.
If anybody is interested - the color code is JT0 (the last one is a "zero", it's important). Maaco can not look up what color corresponds to a color code without mixing a sample, but they have factory codes for all possible colors in the computer and can mix them just fine.
The worst, that the 3-door Focus never came with parchment interior like a 5-door, and for 8 years I hated the gray insides. Finally, the car is what I wanted all along.

Last edited by Ma-fia; 12-11-2012 at 07:01 AM.