Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Tak'in the Foci in for an Oil Leak and other probs.
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #15
paul21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87707
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 0 paul21 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5rui View Post
So tonight I was driving home and had the cruise control set going up a hill and noticed 5000 RPMs and loosing speed WTF?? So I cancel the cruise and notice for some strange reason that when I push the accelerator the transmission downshifts (or increases RPMs) and no acceleration occurs. The car is over revving with no acceleration. I was 2 miles from home and made it in the driveway, will try to replicate the problem tomorrow.

So does this have something to do with my oil leak that the dealer says doesn't exist? I'm putting the car on the lift tomorrow to take pics of the leaks.
I experience this before. I'm 99% confident it's related to TSB 11-12-13 , leaking engine oil or transmission fluid onto the clutch assembly. Check for anything below the transmission housing, apparently sticky = transmission fluid, and you know what the oil looks like.

Unfortunately I'm apartment bound and I have no lift to search for leaks on mine. Do you know of any alternatives? (call a local shop and ask for an inspection/photos?)