View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #12
scottso
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103207
What I Drive: 2013 ST3, 2011 Harley Ultra Ltd

FF Reputation: 1 scottso Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
As others have stated, the DWS's are really good tires. They perform well in the dry and are pretty quiet. They have excellent grip in the dry and very good in the wet. They are very good in snow, but I went back to Nokian after the DWS because that's about as good as it gets for snow with Nokian All Weather Tires. I've had 4 sets of Nokians on 3 cars and they perform the best for snow that I've used so far and have pretty good performance in the summer dry and excellent for summer wet, but the Conti's are better for summer dry. Nokians are expensive and noisy and outstanding for driving in snow.

Now, with the ST, I went with Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme winter tires because they are supposed to be better suited to high performance cars than Nokian. So far that's true. They perform better than Nokian for dry, about the same for wet, and are a little better than the Continental for wet, but the Conti's are still better for warmer dry driving. Vredestein tires are fairly quiet, but not as quiet as Continental DWS. I just hope the Vred's are as good as Nokian in snow.