Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Car and Driver 10Best is out! Focus Back to Back Titles?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #28
SydneyRoo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86671
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue Candy

Points 1,434, Level 21
Points: 1,434, Level: 21 Points: 1,434, Level: 21 Points: 1,434, Level: 21
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 SydneyRoo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
I think people hate DCT because they always drove automatics. Those of us who drove manuals, know how to handle DCT. Yes, there are some problems with the DCT but nothing that cannot be solved, though people are infuriated more on their dealerships who are not willing/able to fix them. I had myself problems with my DCT after an update and I know how frustrating is to have it lurching and not behaving as it should. I changed the dealer and went to a shop who had people trained to solve DCT problems and everything was fixed.
I love my Focus and even though it has its quirks, it is a rock solid car and I am glad it won this.

same here.. I exclusively drove stick before buying a DCT Focus.. It still vaguely feels and behaves like a manual transmission, which is why I don't mind it so much. If you only drove slushboxes before, I could understand why you'd have a DCT... it just behaves differently than what you're used to.
I'd buy another DCT car, but I do miss shifting for sure.