Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Help with TPS for FC Throttle body 2000 SE DOHC auto-trans
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
Z3T3C
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107116
What I Drive: 2000 SE Zetec with ATX

Points 106, Level 2
Points: 106, Level: 2 Points: 106, Level: 2 Points: 106, Level: 2
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Z3T3C Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Help with TPS for FC Throttle body 2000 SE DOHC auto-trans

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and have a few questions that I can't seem to find any answers for after doing some extensive forum and google searching. Maybe my search skills are just lacking. Anyway, my focus is a 2000 SE 2.0 Zetec with auto trans that I picked up cheap ($600) because the previous owner thought the trans was going out, and it had some idling issues (IAC valve). Turns out he had some highly-trained mechanic work on it, since it wouldn't stay running. What I was told that was done is the mechanic turned up the "idle screw" and replaced the TPS. As anyone knows there is no idle screw, so I backed off the butterfly valve screw back to the factory setting. I found out the TPS that was changed out is for a manual trans, explains why the guy thought it was going out. I did find in the forums that the TPS can't be replaced on the 2000 DOHC engines w/auto trans, the whole throttle body needs replaced with PN 2M5Z9E926BB and a new pigtail installed PN 1U2Z14S411AFB.
My question is one that Ford can't seem to answer... If I replace the throttle body with above PNs and ever need to change the TPS can it be done from a different year, like a 2003 2.0 Zetec with autotrans, which is a Motorcraft DY-970, or are the values different so that it won't work in my car? However, for about the same cost the route I would rather go is the FC throttle body with an auto trans bracket, but I am not sure what TPS I would need to mate it with to work in my Focus? Sorry for the long post, but I am getting the feeling I am up a creek. Thanks in advance for any help.