Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - toms tune what everyone should know
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #19
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Just a quick update to this issue, I went back and looked through all the various emails with Pasta (Anthony) and here is what happened.

1) Anthony contacts me to get a tune on 8-22-2012.
2) We went over the procedures on getting the ECU code and he sent me his mod list to purchase a custom tune from me.
3) After receiving the Xcal Device around 9-7-2012, Anthony asked me if my tune is plug and play. At which time I informed him how the procedure works and that I will need more information about his vehicle as well as went through the steps for data logging and tune installation.
4) On 9-11-2012, Anthony contacts me informing me that he is having trouble finding the software to download from SCT’s website. 2 hours later I responded to have him call me anytime and if I’m not available to leave a message and I will call him back.
5) On 9-13-2012, Anthony PM’s me with a message telling me that he is not computer savvy and if I can assist in helping him setup everything on his computer.
6) On 9-14-2012, I responded telling him via email to follow the original instructions I sent him as well as spoke to him on the phone about locating the software to download from SCT’s website.
7) On 9-15-2012, Anthony PM’s me asking if I was available to speak on the phone that day, I responded within 30 minutes later asking him to give me a call. During this same day I sent him a base tune via email.
8) We spoke a few more times over the phone and finally got the software installed on his computer.
9) On 9-28-2012, Anthony sends me a PM late in the evening informing me that he has installed the base tune about 2 weeks earlier and that he got a better laptop to perform data logging as well as wanting to set up a time to do data log.
10) On 9-29-2012, I sent Anthony a PM telling him to give me a call anytime around 11 AM. Later on that day Anthony sends me another PM telling me he had to work that day and wanted to schedule a later time (around 3:30 PM) or the next day. We spoke a few more times over the telephone.
11) Two weeks later I received another email from him complaining that the Xcal and data logging procedures were too confusing to use and that he wanted something that was plug and play. Once again I requested that I can remote desktop into his computer and assist if he would just download a software I needed to use in order to remotely connect.

After that I never heard from him until 10-28-2012 when he attempted to do a charge back and complained about hanging revs. I sent him another message to let him know that I can address the issues if he would just send me some data logging files so I can adjust the base tune. He refused and adamantly wanted his money back.

Regardless of what he posted, I still want to do whatever it takes to make him happy. So if you want to give me the opportunity, I would be more than happy to setup whatever time that is convenient for you to get this resolved.

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus