View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
Tymes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94124
What I Drive: 02 SE SOHC SPI

FF Reputation: 8 Tymes Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It could be cut down to make a short ram, your MAF is far enough away from the bend. For mine I cut the tube about half way thru the bend so that my filter would sit right above where the OEM snorkel tube comes up. I also have a crankcase vent tube on mine, but I drilled a hole and added a nipple for that (some people just add a separate vent filter).

If you modify (if you haven't already) the plastic trim between the grill and the top of the radiator, it will get plenty of air, its just at an idle that the intake air temp will start to rise, but once you start moving it drops down pretty quick. It's workable. At the very least it would get you mobile again till you get what you want. The thing you don't want to trust is the filter itself, if you do decide to keep this, get yourself an AEM or K&N dryflow (either one, they are really the same company now).