Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Where are the 5-speeds????
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #200
5speed SE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106877
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 5speed SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i too had a very hard time finding a 5 speed SE sedan... there were a few 5 speed HB's out there in fact my dealer had one that i test drove (the Friday after Thanksgivng). i immediately fell in love with it... i liked how the shifter seemed to click into each gear and i also liked how the clutch pedal felt... a week prior to that, i test drove a manual Dodge Dart "Arrow" edition... the clutch pedal in the Dart was way too light for me and it also seemed to catch way too far at the top of the pedal... i didn't like it at all, including the bulbous shift handle... just felt too big for your hand and wasn't comfortable... anyways, getting back to the Focus, i searched online all evening (same day i test drove the MTX HB) and couldn't find any 5 speed sedans in Sterling Grey... i thought i may have to order one at this time... even autotrader didn't produce any hits for me so the next day my step dad suggest carsoup... low and behold, a dealer in Waukesha (a little over an hour from me) had one advertised... i sent them an internet price request and they came back an hour later with a response... their price was 14,990... i couldn't hardly believe that price so i gave them a call... the salesman said part of that price was an $1,100 "internet rebate" and that if i was a current Ford owner 1995 or newer (also have 97 Taurus SHO), that was worth another $2,895... all i had to do was bring in the title so they could photocopy it... to make a long story short, i got the car exactly how i would have ordered it and at a great price... i think it was $16,200 with tax, title, and license out the door...