Points: 2,057, Level: 27 Points: 2,057, Level: 27 Points: 2,057, Level: 27
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 lstat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Stereo questions

Hey everybody, I am new here. Unfortunately I am not the proud owner of a Focus yet but I hope to be in the coming week.

I have a quick question concerning the stereo for any fanatics out there that have experience. Currently I drive a 2008 Dodge Avenger, I have a Mygig head unit (factory) installed with an Alpine Type R and a Pyle 2k watt amp. Firstly I know the amp is cheap but it was lying around in our basement unopened for a year so I claimed it rather than buying one I did my research and purchased a line out converter so I had RCA jacks but from the reading I have been doing that is not the best route to go as far as sound is concerned, does anybody have experience with any better alternatives? I am looking at having the Sync/MyFord setup and would rather not replace the head unit since I kind of like it, does anybody have knowledge as far as how hard it would be to add something to the stock head unit to successfully run the amplifier? I know nothing of the MyFord system as far as wiring and such goes. I have my fingers crossed somebody here will be of great assistance!

If I can get a few answers as far as what needs to be done to reach my goal I will start ordering parts so they are here when I pick the car up! It looks like a great community here, I hope I am going to stay awhile. Thanks ahead of time for anybody that can help me out!