Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - PLEASE HELP!!! Suspension issue with 2007 ST
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
SVTOwner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49891
What I Drive: 2014 VW Jetta Turbo 5spd

Points 688, Level 13
Points: 688, Level: 13 Points: 688, Level: 13 Points: 688, Level: 13
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 SVTOwner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
PLEASE HELP!!! Suspension issue with 2007 ST

Hey guys and gals,

So I recently bought a 2007 ST with 45000 miles on it. The car was previously in a wreck, and it was mostly repaired (body only) when I bought it. I replaced the front sub frame myself, and it bolted up just fine. I had the car aligned, but it still has a strange sensation when driving over road heaves (such as over a bridge).

As the car rises and falls (over the larger bumps), instead of just an up/down motion, it also produces a left/right motion that is very disconcerting. The tires are brand new, the wheels are perfect EAP rims.

Like I said, the 4-wheel alignment was just completed by a Roush-certified dealer here in Oregon. What could cause this left/right motion as the car rises and falls over road heaves?

This is a difficult problem to describe, but I'm out of ideas. It feels like the car is moving directly left, then right, as it goes up and down. This is NOT a leaning feeling, but a DIRECT left/right feeling.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!!!

Tim