Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2013 Focus Hatchback - to moonroof or not to moonroof?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #24
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby1 View Post
Hi everyone, I've been on this forum a lot the last few months. Thanks a lot.

I'm finally deciding on my new 2013 Focus hatchback this week. I'm working with a local dealer who's given two great prices on nearly-identical Focus's. Both are my preferred color (black) and leather interior, which are my 2 wont budge preferences.

The cheaper Focus by around 2k has no MyFord Touch and no Moonroof. The more expensive has these two features, which really do not matter to me.

So just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the 2012-13 Focus moonroofs. Can you not live without it? Do you even care?! lol.

I've always been a bit divided on them. Obviously the idea of them is great, but I rarely end up using mine as it just seems to create awful noise over 25mph. I don't know, I'm going back and forth! One of my whole points on being able to justify a brand new car is getting a moderately priced Focus. An extra 2k, while not crippling to me, all of a sudden takes the price up a decent amount.
Here's my take. What we think or prefer shouldn't really matter here. You've already stated that neither of the two options matter to you and that you stand to save $2k by not opting for them. So to me the choice is clear, don't get them. Now, as a matter of personal preference I have them both, but then again I'm one of those persons who wouldn't buy any car without them because I use those features extensively. This brings me back to my point. Equip the car the way YOU want it because you're the one driving it and making the payments. What the rest of us think, shouldn't really matter.

Whatever you decide, hope it works out for you.