Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - This guy hits the nail on the head.
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
Incognito27
Focus Addict

Fan#: 34939
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5 Premium - White

FF Reputation: 3 Incognito27 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Heres my take on this.

The OP statement is true for alot of people , i will point and make fun of the Honda Civics of the world , Not saying there arenčt any really nice ones. But lets look at say 65-75% of them... Average age under 24 , All they do is burn out and try and go faster and be more stupid. and they do it on real roads with traffic. They put cherry bombs on their exhaust to feel more manly about their 1.6 lt engine. They put lights under their car to get noticed in a crowd of big boys.

Now like i said there are ALOT of civics that look nice because the owners do nice to them, most of them have an average age over 25.

This community i think shares a passion for a under rated car that people would consider a under dog in the performance and show car world. although several people have proven them wrong , when you tell a non focus crowd you have a modded focus they kind chuckle. Beleive i have been in that situation.

20 years ago , most people who have show cars hae grown up doing it , their dads dads dad started working on cars and they have barn dedicated to it. (translate that to any neighbourhood you live in) .

Today there are soooo many stores and shops that do custom work and dedicate their lives to a specific model or models of cars. it makes life easier for us in this generation. To be truely creative you make something yourself... but by todays standards that very macguverish or hick or redneck , or whatever way you want to put it. ( i am in no way insulting any of the previous ethnic groups i love em all equally) .

Is it lost in todays society to be creative and make stuff your self... a little yes , but today most of us do not have machining equipment in our garages. so we depend on other shops to make things for us and we pay for them. But we all are creative in our own right. We take what others have made and make something ourselves. a bit here and bit there , a combo over here , and so on.

at the end of the day.... we all value opinions of friends family , and folks we met on the internet. The internet Hero generation are here , still here and will be for a long time , but i do not think every person is that . At least not on here.

Your car is your canvas , make it what you will. Picasso wasnt famed for having the best art , famed for being different.

Sorry for the long winded post.

my 10 cents.... or a dollar whichever you figure :P