Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2 Noises
Thread: 2 Noises
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Neptune15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91691
What I Drive: '07 ZX3

Points 1,013, Level 17
Points: 1,013, Level: 17 Points: 1,013, Level: 17 Points: 1,013, Level: 17
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Neptune15 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2 Noises

2007 ZX3 2.0 Manual

First Noise:

This has been there for about a year, but it doesn't really affect performance (just hope it's not a safety hazard) so i haven't looked into it. I hear a popopop sound when going slow over bumps, and it sounds like it's coming from the left front. I can feel a little bit of vibration through the cabin when this happens. Sometimes when I clutch down and the pedal hits the firewall, it makes a similar noise. The latter is a newly developing issue.

Upgrading the shocks/struts didn't affect this noise.

When I poke around, everything seems tight except for the stabilizer bar endlinks, which have a little give. I'm not sure if they are supposed to have a little give or not. The sound is coming from one side, and the endlink feels the same on both front corners. I can rotate the endlink about the y axis, not sure if this is normal?

Second Noise:

This is a newly developing problem. Might have to do with the cold. When coming to a stop, I hear a groaning/creaking. The last thing I did to the car was swap the brake lines for SS lines, but I'm not sure how that can be the culprit.

The car still has a year left on the warranty, but I'd like to get some idea of what could be the problem before bringing it in.

Thanks for any feedback.

EDIT: Bonus problem:
One morning, when it was really cold out, my car would start fine, but immediately die. It wouldn't hold an idle. I warmed up the car with my foot, and tried again, but still no idle. I disconnected/reconnected the IACV, still no idle. I cycled the key a couple times and it worked. This only happened once, but I'm wondering if I should be concerned.