Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Some one school me!!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
sgtsmasher
need new focus?!

Fan#: 65000
What I Drive: 01 cd silver 3 door ztec

FF Reputation: 2 sgtsmasher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
also if i had the funds i would buy stuff like this, but because i dont have the funds i buy the cheap stuff. also back to the OHM's im still not key on those i have done some reading but i guess i just dont get them lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Zetechse View Post
Ok so heres My Opinion sell all the current equipment you have and get as much towards new equipment . seeing as you dont have alot of electrical mods or budget heres the list :)

Amp : Mb Quart Onx1.1500 (true power ratings) 1000@2 Ohms x 1 channel
Also stable at 1 ohm at 1500 rms x 1 channel for future expansion

Sub : Sundown SA -15 Dual 4 ohm sub wired to a 2 ohm load for a real life 500-750 rms

Or a Obsidian audio Dual 4 ohm 15 wires for 2 ohms , 750-800 rms

Headunit : Upgrade to atleast a Pioneer with a pair of 4 volt Preouts ( rca connectors 1 for mids/highs amp , the other to the subwoofer amp ) and atleast a 5 band Equalizer for the cleaner sound all around . High pass filter optional but recommended.

Box: 3 routes here really, a high quality prefabricated box around 3.5-4 cubic feet in volume . Build a custom box (requires a good bit of reading up ) , search Craigslist for someone selling a custom box fitting your needs and that will fit in your car .

and of course, proper wiring,fusing, and all other safety goodies

My record is 1.5 miles from being heard to being seen ;)
Hatch Nation #72
Call Me BRANDO COMMANDO