Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Focus Observations
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #165
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,948, Level 33
Points: 2,948, Level: 33 Points: 2,948, Level: 33 Points: 2,948, Level: 33
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've been trying to not get too far behind on you guys, but I've had 2 business trips the last 2 weeks and I'm going on vacation this upcoming week... so busy! Anyway, I rented a brand new (6 miles on the odometer) 2013 Focus on last week's business trip and here are some things I have noticed:

I'm pretty sure I can see a rectangular outline of where the airbag is on my car, it's subtle, but there. I didn't notice this on the 2013.

This might be an SE vs Ti difference, but I like the big ol' colored letters telling me what gear I'm in (that said, I think I like the color scheme of the Ti more, though - just getting the selected gear as a color would be cool)

No rattles from the headliner - I noticed it had one more 3M "velcro" strip than my car - but 2 were loose/disconnected from the factory. I fixed them for the next driver. Frankly, I'm just surprised they still stuck with the hot glue adhesion or whatever it is they were using. And as someone else mentioned, the moonroof cover is beefier and has a little more sliding resistance.

Not that I go here very often, but the cupholder "fins" don't like sweet tea... I was afraid of tearing the cup in half so I had to press down on them before pulling up on the cup. Other than that, they do keep bottles and cups from rattling.

My car doesn't have this - I presume it will keep the engine compartment much cleaner than what mine currently looks like... I wouldn't have noticed it if it didn't get into my way when I was trying to open the hood.Never mind, it totally does. lol

Reinforced strut tower, clunk-free. (Apparently this isn't the magical fix either...) (see Zillion's thread for more info)

And lastly, someone messed up... because this Oxford White Focus had one of the tri-coat platinum metallic spoilers. whoops!

...I should have stolen that stowage compartment tray, but my conscience got the better half of me.

One more important thing!
This car wouldn't shift into 6th until 40 mph. That's in both drive and in select-shift. My most recent transmission update, (which didn't fix my grinding noises) changed my car's shifting pattern to match this one. I suppose it's okay, but I can still manually shift into 6th at 35mph. I just thought that was odd, but I'm not complaining. That said, this transmission didn't have any clutch slippage (yet?).

EDIT: Also, the turning radius was better than my 40', which was nice, but not outrageously better or anything. And I really do appreciate my Sony system over the standard.

Last edited by PratoN; 01-11-2013 at 01:33 PM.