Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - PTS Remote start from OEM Fob
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #50
zhilton
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102404
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 zhilton Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I.A. = Intelligent Access, this is the system on the Titanium that allows you to keep a key in a pocket or purse yet still walk up to the car and unlock it without taking the key out of said pocket/ bag. The cars with intelligent access also have pushbutton start, so they won't work with that version of the remote start system
Which doesn't apply to our SEL then...correct?
Quote:
BEV= Battery Electric Vehicle aka the Focus Electric. Not sure why the dealer wouldn't know this one.
Not very common in Arkansas. That's my only theory why the dealership didn't know what it was. But I was talking to someone in the parts department as well.
Quote:
The ST is the high performance Focus with a 6 speed manual transmission and the 2.0 L EcoBoost i4 engine making 252 hp/270 ft-lb torque. Same question as to how the dealer didn't recognize this car either, unless they haven't had one on the lot or done any dealer training on it.
When we bought the car, the first of the 2.0L Ecoboost were just starting to hit the lot. A fully loaded Escape was the only thing they had on the lot. So I'm not sure if a EcoBoost Focus has made it to our local lot. I kind of wished we would have waited a couple more months and picked up a EcoBoost powered Focus...but time wasn't exactly on our side at the time.
Quote:
Of course the remote start works with the DCT, it does have a park pawl/gear like an automatic despite not having a torque converter. Its only the manual where you need a clutch switch override to bypass the switch and turn the car on.

It would be possible, but the O.E. remote start allegedly has poorer range than the aftermarket solutions.
I'm not too worried about the range...I'm just interested in KISS for a blonde.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaToX View Post
zhilton, If you are looking to keep it "blonde" simple, Install the DBALL from xpresskit. You will however need their XKLoader to program the unit in whats called RSR mode. This RSR mode allows you to hit lock 3 times on your factory remote within a few seconds and the car will start up for you. Same thing to turn it off.

The down side to just using the DBALL in the RSR mode is that you are limited to the range of the factory keyless. If you are looking for longer range you can add a remote start to the DBALL in another mode or add what is called their range extender kit
Which sounds like it might work for my favorite blonde! I had read about that DBALL....but was getting a little confused when the abbreviations were thrown in the posts. Will the DBALL shut the engine down when you touch the brake pedal/open the door? Would rather avoid that, but if it's what you have to deal with...it is what it is.

For the record, what is the issue(s) with the OEM offered package? Besides the "lost key" for the FOB I've read about in this thread...or was it another one