Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - MFT vs. CUE
Thread: MFT vs. CUE
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
MFT gets a solid 7 from me. Every time I've used it it works okay... but voice recognition is subpar and the menu layouts are TERRIBLE. Idk who Ford hired as the UI designer, but they need to be led out to pasture and shot.

CUE is at least adding SIRI support and SIRI works much better than Betty Butch the SYNC lady.
LMAO "Betty Butch the SYNC lady"

Lets break it down into its respective functions.

Navigation...
- Used several times and find very little to complain about. Very quick, including re-routes. Easy to navigate menus and it looks great. The maps even give accurate 3D building renderings for some of the high-rises in downtown Baltimore. Street names are very clearly labeled, something I hated about the (very advanced, mind you) navigation in my android. Search options and duration (ex.gas, atm) are quick and accurate, like a faster Garmin.
- Note: I rarely use voice control for navigation, but simple commands like finding fast food or a gas station are accurate. More elaborate ones like saying an address are time consuming and should be avoided/substituted with a short stop on the shoulder. Bear in mind short searches can still be done in motion

Audio...
- "Betty Butch the SYNC lady" is a whore sometimes, but considering you own an '11 SES, voice control of audio features is at least on par with the '11. I have used both extensively and I can say it was never much of an issue. Most of the time she was accurate. The bonus of MFT is that when 'Betty Butch' gets confused and takes 7 and a half years explaining options 1-4, it immediately displays the options so I can press one right away and have her Shut-TFU.
- Bonus: big wide dedicated sound button for changing sound settings. Nice.

Climate...
-Who fing cares?
- Bonus: set of hard buttons right under MFT and they look fancy enough to be in an A8, no exaggeration. end of story haha.

Phone...
on par with the voice control of the '11, which is decent IMO. Pairing and connecting is quick and easy.

Overall look and feel...
- Personally think the LCD and trim are fantastic. It could be sharper like the screen of an iPhone, but compare it to ANY Navi unit today (built in or store bought), and it is easily among the best IMO