Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ford Buy Back!
Thread: Ford Buy Back!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #79
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

Points 1,206, Level 19
Points: 1,206, Level: 19 Points: 1,206, Level: 19 Points: 1,206, Level: 19
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
No ... I know it wasn't you complaining voldar ... I like my Focus too, but I DO wish they'd get the suspension clunking figured out.

It's not so much the above options that you mention killing the price ... it's the REQUIRED PACKAGES that you need to get in order to get those options. Too bad you can't get them a la carte.

I'm only going by what some of the people complaining have said their cars cost. They're forgetting that they only paid $25K for their '$30K' car .... and now it's worth between $18-20K and they're upset ... because they still owe $27K. I'd be upset too. Car dealers are financing 120% of retail value just to sell cars ... that's how they can roll the 'upside-down amount' into the new finance contract. People are gonna be upside down with these cars for YEARS. There comes a time when the amount that's upside down can't be rolled into a new note .... THEN they REALLY ARE STUCK with the car.

REV
Another excellent point. When you exceed 100% LTV (loan to value) you can be assured that you're going to be upside for two reasons. 1) Normal depreciation 2) Loan payoff exceeds value. Pretty basic stuff, but it's a point that I think a lot of people probably forget after the ink dries on their contract.