Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Focus Hatchback - to moonroof or not to moonroof?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #23
flyby1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106935
What I Drive: 1998 Volvo S70

FF Reputation: 1 flyby1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, I wanted to say thanks for the opinions.

I ended up getting the cheaper Focus without the moonroof and MFT. I'm so happy!

In the end, the lower price, which I was able to knock down even lower just sealed the deal for me. I will miss a moonroof just a bit. But it's something that won't haunt me! Once you get into the technical terms, details, taxes, insurance, etc., you REALLY get focused on the money and bottom line.

In addition, I just didn't like MFT. I know there's hundreds of posts on it here and elsewhere. Primarily, I just find it excessive and don't need that technology in my car. My car, daily driving, road trips, etc. I view as being a time to get away from tech. I'm on a computer and phone way too much. If I'm going to have tech in my life, then it better be good, efficient, clean, functional technology. I have only used point-by-point map directions like once in my life; a backup turning camera, talking to a machine to change my air temp, etc., just totally superfluous. So in the end, the moonroof went the way of MFT and a higher price tag by about $2,100