Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ford Buy Back!
Thread: Ford Buy Back!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #75
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
^^^ THIS! ^^^ I completely agree. Buying cars is a very personal thing and as kam327 pointed out we spend a lot of time in our cars, obviously some more than others. If you add it all up, the total time we spend in our cars commuting adds up to weeks/months every year. So as those miles pile on the question is what kind of comfort do you expect/need? We all have certain minimal expectations. For me I require a comfortable and supportive seat for long drives because I am one of those people who tends to put on a lot of miles. Also I wouldn't buy any car that doesn't have heated leather seats, moonroof and navigation. Just as power windows, power doors, power brakes, air conditioning and power steering have all become standard on most makes and models, for most people those items are probably minimal required equipment to begin with. So for me, when I bought my Focus, I bought the Titanium trim package and had it equipped with Navi, Sport Package and Moonroof. I didn't get the Park Assist because I felt that was one option that I didn't need to have. Obviously the sticker price on my car was somewhere around $27k. For me it's worth it, to somebody else perhaps not. On the other hand, I didn't finance very much, so if I ever wanted to get out my car I would be able to do it.

Absolutely agreed. Buy what you want/need ... and then LIVE WITH THAT DECISION.

To be honest ... I'm a little surprised at the 'shock' that many here are exhibiting regarding the trade-in values of their loaded Foci.

You have an outrageously incentivized economy car .... one that has had, and does have, a multitude of issues that don't seem to be resolved at this point, very low new-car financing rates, and huge discounts off of the sticker prices .... what else could happen except huge depreciation ????

REV