Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Extended warranty and software update mailings
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84FL View Post
My MFT recently has decided to no longer play nice with any device via Bluetooth, and I'm also getting a really annoying buzzing/vibrating sound from the speakerphone area on the overhead console. Should this be enough reason for the dealer to install the update? The small issues I'm having with this car after owning it for just 8 months are really starting to become frustrating...but I'm trying to stay positive and not become one of those whiners.
Also, random off topic question: Is a blown speaker covered in the warranty? I'm still well within factory warranty and even purchased the extended warranty, but this seems like something they may omit from that. Can't believe the Upgraded Sony system could have this issue already.
Thanks in advance!
Hi, Joe84FL -

I definitely recommend having the latest update installed, but have you tried performing a Master Reset yet? If not, here are the instructions:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ter-reset-sync

Also, just an FYI, the 3.5.1 update will soon be available as a self-install on SyncMyRide.com for vehicles without navigation. For those with nav, you'll be able download the update and order your new SD card in January.

For warranty-related questions, give my partner, Cory, a shout. His username is: FordCustomerService.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford