Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #47
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,901, Level 66
Points: 9,901, Level: 66 Points: 9,901, Level: 66 Points: 9,901, Level: 66
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Not sayin' you're wrong here, but I guess I just don't understand why any dealer would lie to the manufacturer they represent to get out of doing work. If anything I would expect them to bend the truth as much as possible in order to be able to do the work and get reimbursed by the manufacturer.
It doesn't make much sense to me either, but the assistant service manager claimed over the phone that the tech had claimed that the cloth seats don't get as hot as the leather ones, despite what the service manual says. At one point they tried to give me a BS answer about how the cloth would catch fire if it got that hot. Um no, the seats got hotter than this in the sun during the summer even in Michigan at 80-90F outside, the seats were over 120F before the windows were tinted, but they didn't catch on fire.

Nevermind most of the people with cloth seats also report that the seats roast them out on a cold day, but here was supposedly absolutely nothing wrong and I was wasting their time for even asking was the feeling I get from Ford and the Dealer.

Its the series of little things that they don't fix or refuse to acknowledge that bother me the most.

Most of the time that I take surface measurements with the i.r. thermometer its only reading 90F tops. Most of the time its closer to 85F at the seat cover on the base or the back of the seat. Its not meeting the specification per the published information, yet they dgaf about it. One of the advisors claimed they would love to help but since Ford said no (on the basis of what the dealer said in the first place) they can't touch it, etc.... WTF.

The dealer also claimed to ask ford about the temperature specs (although the email they printed out said they had asked for an F150 even though they told me the regional rep knew it was for a Focus) which said that there was no published temperature set point. The regional rep had called to tell me that there was nothing wrong with the seats and that the dealer told them it had hit 125 F on 5. The copy of the repair order I have states that they only measured 90-100F so some one lied to get out of fixing the car.

That was the electrical/ mecanical defect that they failed to resolve so far.

Then there was the common issue with the tail lamp rubbing through the paint, but they told ford / sent pictures focusing on a tiny little black mark on the lamp and then telling ford it's been hit and we shouldn't repair it, even though there is no evidence that the damage to the fender from the lamp was caused by something actually hitting just the lamp. The bumper cover wasn't pushed back or anything. They also refused to adjust the headlamp and fix the chip in the paint on the hood when it was too far down and rearward in vehicle from the assembly plant.

The regional rep took great pains to tell me that I should use my insurance for something that was a factory defect that they refused to fix. Again I have to say this dealer sucked, but when I mentioned issues to another dealer if they even thought Ford might have said no since the original dealer wouldn't fix it they wouldn't touch it either, telling me to return to the first one or contact ford directly.

Both of which has gone exactly no where. So idk, the customer service has sucked pretty badly so far. So I'm not holding out much hope for them to have resolved the suspension issues either. I've been told that at least per the video while driving the car might suffer from this as well, so idk.

Of course as soon as the car was fixed from the bumper getting damaged it got hit again on the same damned side not 2 hrs later by a piece of sheet metal, so what am I supposed to do now? Idk, I'm getting pretty tired of the way Ford is handling things.

I love the way the car drives, but the service leaves much to be desired.