Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - brake suggestions
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

Points 30,446, Level 100
Points: 30,446, Level: 100 Points: 30,446, Level: 100 Points: 30,446, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I was also going to comment on Centric Rotors & the Hawk Pad set up. I had this on my SVT Brake Conversion & these were awesome. Not too much brake dust, but the stopping power was awesome! I went back to my stock brakes (rotors and calipers) with stock pads and rotors and i couldn't stop the car. I was soo used to essentially stoping on a dime with my SVT setup that i was nearly running through intersections. Centric has won me over & all my cars with have them from the future. I believe i was talking with a sales person from somewhere years ago (when i purchased my SVT Brake Kit) & they mentioned that the Centric blanks are the same rotor that they use for say Power Slot rotors. They just slot the blanks and relabel them as 'said brand' and move on.

I would also like to mention, that i auto-x'd and road raced on my Centric/Hawk setup and never had to worry about warpage and brake fade. They were awesome on the track!

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT