Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #46
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I also have to say esclating things through the forum goes nowhere. The regional rep only ever listened to the dealer, who had been lying through its teeth to either me or Ford. They wouldn't fix the factory body alignment issues with the tail lamp/ headlamp since they claimed the car was hit when there was no evidence to support the collsion theory. They also claimed that the seat heaters were getting up to the 125F service specification to Ford, when they told me they only measured 90-100F via the IDS tool. They failed to do the proper diagnostics which would involve taking things apart and checking things with the volt/ amp/ resistance meter to verify that the car is working properly or not, etc.
Not sayin' you're wrong here, but I guess I just don't understand why any dealer would lie to the manufacturer they represent to get out of doing work. If anything I would expect them to bend the truth as much as possible in order to be able to do the work and get reimbursed by the manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
As of today, my car has just under 800 miles on it. I began experiencing some of the same issues already that many Focus owners have complained about. I will be taking my car in at 1,000 miles to have this issue looked at.
Mine started shuddering around 800 miles too, last March or so. I went out and did 5 hard accelerations and then generally drove it pretty aggressively over a tank of gas and the shuddering went away. Until I got the 12B37 update......