View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #47
zhilton
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102404
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 zhilton Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Forgive my ignorance when it comes to Focus and all their abbreviations...I'm a PowerStroke guy by trade; though have had Fords in my driveway for the last 20 years. We bought a '12 SEL in June for my wife and her "adventures" at work (500+ miles a week). I'm wanting to install a remote start for as a birthday/Christmas gift (her birthday is the 23rd) and trying to figure out what I need, what will/won't work and keep it simple since I'm married to a blonde. I had thought the OEM offering was what I need...

http://accessories.ford.com/bi-direc...ton-start.html

But I all the threads I've dug through here only one mentioned the OEM kit...and it sounds like we have to give up a key for that to work? Having worked for a Cat dealership and life with a F250 PSD, my mind set has been OEM is the best for the vehicle (especially with the PSD)...thus I'm not too hip on a/m stuff. Stopped by my local dealership trying to figure out what would work...and they're pretty much clueless. Apparently I'll be the first owner to have remote start on a Focus...or one of very few. With all that said, on XpressKit they mention a "SA key"; I've also seen "IA" key mentioned a couple of times...what are those? On that Ford link it says for not use on BEV or ST...both the guy at the dealership & I are clueless what those mean. The two keys we received when we signed on the dotted line have four buttons on them (lock, unlock, trunk & panic) and notches are reverse cut...hopefully that helps describe what our Fungus was built/equipped with.

Is the remote start possible with a DCT? I'm thinking so since it...from a driver's standpoint...functions allot like an automatic. But like I said at the top of this post, I'm a truck guy...so these little cars are a different language to me. Thank you in advance for the help/advice.