Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #44
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
The lemon law should be an option. It sounds like you haven't looked to deeply in to it. In most cases whether the warranty has expired or not is irrelevent; assuming that is the issue was present earlier on. Every state has a lemon law and if repeated attempts to have your car repaired have failed and the problem persists, then you might look in to hiring an attorney who specializes in lemon law cases. Typically attorney's don't charge you anything if they accept the case, instead they seek their attorney's fees from the manufacturer when the case settles. Believe me the manufacture doesn't want these cases to go to trial, so they have a healthy incentive to resolve these issues before they go to court. Your first step should be to contact Crystal at FOMOCO to see if she can escalate the issue to a Regional Manager who can enure that they have the right people working on your problem.
If the vehicle is now either out of the base warranty or out of the first year then it can't directly qualify if the issues were not documented before this.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/safety/...s/lemonlaw.htm

Quote:
What is a "lemon"?
A new vehicle - no more than a year old and still under warranty - is a "lemon" if:

It has a serious defect the dealer can't fix in four tries, or
It has one or many defects that prevent you from using it for 30 days or more (the 30 days need not be consecutive)
What is a defect?
A defect covered by the Lemon Law must seriously affect the use, value or safety of your vehicle and must be covered by the warranty. An irritating rattle may not be "serious" enough to make your car a lemon. Stalling probably is.

How long are you covered?
The lemon law includes no deadline for filing a lemon law suit; a court would decide if your case were too old.

Is your vehicle a lemon?
Your vehicle is a lemon if all of the following statements are true:

You bought or leased a new vehicle.
The vehicle is a car, truck, motorcycle or motor home.
The vehicle developed a defect or defects during its first year and before the warranty expired.
The defect seriously harms the vehicle's use, value or safety.
One of the following happened during the vehicle's first year and before the warranty expired:
The dealer failed four times to fix the same defect; OR
The vehicle was out of service for 30 days or more due to defects
I also have to say esclating things through the forum goes nowhere. The regional rep only ever listened to the dealer, who had been lying through its teeth to either me or Ford. They wouldn't fix the factory body alignment issues with the tail lamp/ headlamp since they claimed the car was hit when there was no evidence to support the collsion theory. They also claimed that the seat heaters were getting up to the 125F service specification to Ford, when they told me they only measured 90-100F via the IDS tool. They failed to do the proper diagnostics which would involve taking things apart and checking things with the volt/ amp/ resistance meter to verify that the car is working properly or not, etc.