Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What is the latest version of sync for the 2012 Focus w/ Myford (not MFT)?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #13
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by recyclebin View Post
I just got a new 2013 SE HB (auto) with no options, so it has "Sync with MyFord" I believe (has the small color non-touch center screen, and definitely not MFT). The syncmyride.com site shows this for my version:
Sync VersionGen1 - V4.1.2.F
I haven't had it in for service, so that's the way it was right from the dealer.

I have not verified this in the vehicle itself - I seem to remember running across version numbers somewhere in the menu system. But presumably when you submit a vehicle health report (I did the other day) it sends the version information too(?)
That's correct, recyclebin, running a Vehicle Health Report will report the latest software. Otherwise, you can run the SYNC Status Checker to confirm which version is installed:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...e-version-sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
I received confirmation that my car's version of myford 3.1.1 is the latest version for my car. Since it is clear that there are newer versions of the myford os out in later production models of the ff, is it true that myford equipped cars will be the equivalent of "Android"?: There will be multiple versions of the os released without any plans to make older build date cars updated with the latest os?
Our engineers are always working on updates, valmundo, but I can't speculate on timing or availability. As updates are released, announcements will be made here:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford