HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra1969 View Post
Car headed back to a different dealer tomorrow to get a look at my mpg issue. Still have not seen above 30 mpg in months and no matter how many highway miles I put on it. Got a 10 hour trip planned for the end of the year. Should be able to get another all highway run again. If its under 30mpg again I'm might head to a chevy dealer for a car and a lawyer to get rid of the Focus.
The lawyer likely won't be able to help. MPG issues (not saying yours are) can be put right back on the driver saying they're too hard on the gas, stop and go, etc... Lemon law would be your best bet, but you would have to have had the same problem 3 times or more within X time frame to go that route. And since it sounds like nothing was 'wrong', that wouldn't apply.

I don't blame you looking for another car though, that's for sure.

I also noticed you're in Michigan ... I wonder how much the cold plays with the MPGs. I live in central IL and when I drove ~50 miles (fresh tank of gas, reset the trip and mpg calculators) in 22 degree weather I only got 32mpg going 70mph. On trips to NE with speeds of 'at least' 70 mph, I would get 36 or more over the entire trip. But that shouldn't be the main issue, especially since it has gone on for so long with your situation.