Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ford Buy Back!
Thread: Ford Buy Back!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #61
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97078
What I Drive: used to drive 2012 focus w/dct

FF Reputation: 1 fordblue Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Fortunately, mine has never exhibited any of this lurching / grinding behavior, but I'm not ruling it out for occuring down the road. There are quite a few people on here stating that the grinding didn't start until they reached 12,000 + miles.

It just defies logic how some cars are so seriously afflicted and seem unfixable, and others like mine never misbehave (other than my buggy MFT and neglecting to upshift past 4th gear after downshifting to pass, when in S mode). But the evidence is really piling up against this transmission and its 3 seemingly seperate issues (software not actuating clutches correctly, leaky seals causing bad clutch behavior, and some defect inside the gearbox causing that nasty grinding). The odds are really against it when it has so much to overcome.

This mess really makes me aware that I need to join and sift through specific-brand car forums BEFORE I make a purchase. As for me, I'm just going to work toward the goal of trading my Ti for an ST. I love everything else about this car. Trading MFT & DCT for a turbo & manual transmission is sounding better & better. If only it hadn't depreciated worse than a 90's era Hyundai.
I agree with that. I dont think I could trade mine in if I wanted too. Its worth what 14 thou? Way upside down..........way.