Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2007 "lifetime" air filter change
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

Points 7,606, Level 58
Points: 7,606, Level: 58 Points: 7,606, Level: 58 Points: 7,606, Level: 58
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooor View Post
Getting cold air to the engine while minimizing water intake was what I was thinking about. One persons pita is anothers one time little job with long term benefits.
Why did Ford spec. such a big battery? My 1973 Chev. V8 pickup has a similar battery.
The Steeda SRI has the filter element several feet off the ground and is placed in the front of the engine bay so heat soak shouldnt be a noticeable problem. The only way you would have any water issues is if you drove into a lake

By all means if you want to fab something to improve it, don't let me discourage you. I think it would be a cool idea and original; just trying to give you options. If you are interested in creating your own SRI, just know you must keep the maf tube the same diameter as stock otherwise you will have issues unless you get proper tuning to account for the size difference. As usual, felix lists a good alternative for a lighter battery too. As long as you arent running any extra stereo parts or something that requires more draw, it should be fine.