View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
1sloho
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
never had a problem with tom. purchased his tune, had a lil trouble getting it loaded on my car. sent him an AIM message and he helped me try and figure it out. as of right now, im just running his base tune as ive just been too busy (or lazy) to try and datalog. from my experience with tom, hes a great guy and does his best to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
Listen kid,

Why is this coming out 3 months after you got his initial tune?
Why did you drag your feet to datalog and send it to him so he could look it over and send an update back?

This is a 2 way street. Tom is a very busy guy and though he tries his best to do 1 on 1 tuning, it doesn't always work out that way. You have to keep an open communication line with him as he does you.

I've read more than a handful of your posts and I'm pretty sure that if you'd take more time with things it'd show through in your posts. Look at your typing style, grammar and such, it shows that you don't take the time you should to make things legible. I've found that this does reflect in real life, though not always.

I can't personally speak to Tom's work being I've never paid him for anything. But he has provided me with help along the way of tuning my own car. By that regard I'd call him a standup guy. I've also seen a good portion of the Focus community pleased with his work, both novice and expert automotive knowledge level. But I have seen some who didn't feel their tune was adequate, but communication was always the main problem on both ends.

For the record, Tom was never kicked off the other site. He still retains an open account there. He choose to come here due to differences in opinions.
Many of the people on the other site are running his tunes, many here are running tunes form other shops/people.

Now get off you high horse and contact Tom. It's also your job to keep the line of communication open.
and i agree with all of the above.