suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
Scott, I'm not too confident that the computer in our cars is capable of determining miles per gallon of ml per second, if it could I'm pretty sure they would have it available for display somewhere, even my government low-end Impala had the instant fuel consumption display from its computer but it could also display each tire's tps air pressure and a lot of other things that are not available on our Focus - just a more sophisticated computer. But they could certainly program the machine to display four somethings on that little screen.
It wasn't a gallon/second calculation, more of a gallon/hr calculation which is an order of magnitude easier.

The high function tft lcd MFD is the same between the European models and the U.S. ones, but they didn't want to overwhelm the average American driver apparently, so the only way to get a lot of the information is to drive around in test mode, although that does hide the trip computer functions in exchange to see hex codes, coolant temperatures, digital tachometers/ speedometers, but those are all one at a time instead of a four + data points at the same time. I want more data not less. Its not as useful to have to stare at one of the four screens when glancing at the instrument panel.

I understand why it doesn't display the gear selection in S auto, because its in automatic mode, its a distinguishing feature between this and when the car is in manual mode. The gear selection should only show up when you need to know what gear you are in, else its supposed to function as an automatic and decide for you, so unless you are in tune with the car you don't know nor care generally what gear the car is in. Besides S auto only goes to 5th gear anyway.