Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2000 Ford Focus, ignition key lock cylinder, when to change? and surging?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
G Ford Fan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80771
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus Wagon, SE, Silver.

FF Reputation: 0 G Ford Fan Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Got ign. lock cylinder assembled....not bad

Well, I received my new igniton lock cylinder tonight, and with the excellent instructions provied by the Ebay seller, (FORD iOEM nstructions), and a very informative You tube video also supplied by the seller, I got the ign. lock cylinder all assembled. Now I will install the assembled cylinder in my car over the weekend. Hopefully that will go just as smoothly.

I used a dial calipers and measured all the cuts and believe it or not, what I came up with was SPOT ON what the seller said it would be, after I sent him a pic of the key itself!! I was impressed.

As you can see from the photo, it seems there may be some validity in what the one poster said about Ford, this bag from Strattec has a Ford part number on it and a Ford barcode, and it says "made in the USA" so maybe they are supplying these to Ford? This is the revised cylinder and was about $33 shipped! I am hoping to head the ignition cylinder issue off at the pass before I have a problem!

I am very pleased so far, seems to be good quality.