Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Official rocy mtn thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #297
rpelas1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 38872
What I Drive: 2007 Infra Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 rpelas1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey guys I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread for this so I'll post here first. I'm having issues with my right front suspension that I can't figure out. I nailed a curb, hard. Wheel was completely destroyed.

I'll try my best to describe the symptoms, I know it's difficult to diagnose things like this through text. The steering is now very light and very out of alignment. When I turn the wheel to the right, it doesn't want to go back to center. It also feels like it wants to turn fully to lock when you turn to the right. When it is at full lock, there is a loud clunking sound. I know I'm not giving tons of information so if anyone wants to help and needs more specifics please let me know.

I got it to a shop here in Boulder. They told me they thought it was a bent lower control arm and bad wheel bearing but they weren't actually sure what the issue was. They also offered to relieve me of $1000 for their services as well. I live in Boulder, but I don't have Boulder money. I can't give these guys $1k to make guesses. After jacking up the car, the control arm on the wrecked side looks perfectly straight. I haven't gotten to actually take it all apart to find whats broken. Visually inspecting it though I can't see anything obviously broken.