Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #1640
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by symbology View Post
Pouring through this thread will make any Focus owner with these problems upset.
I've also gotten the typical run around from the Ford Customer Service Manager of the San Francisco Bay Area. I did not experience them not calling me back, but they were pretty unhelpful. I also got to know the CS Manager's subordinates fairly well. Only spoke with her once.
That being said, this is my very first car. I emptied my savings account on what I thought would be a great car. Besides the clunk, grinding transmission, occasional jerks, and a half dozen MFT bugs, I can say that this car is pretty decent for what I paid for. That doesn't mean that these issues don't make me feel embarrassed when I have other people in the car, but I got a pretty good car for what I paid for.
I hope Ford finds a fix. I really do. If they don't, I'll drive this car for a few years until I find something else, hopefully get a decent trade in, and never buy another Ford. I'll tell other people how I really feel about Ford cars. If they do fix, I'll gladly recommend them and consider another one in the future (never a 1st gen, though).
I also think it's unproductive to chastise the Ford employee(s) that monitor this forum. Yes they say the same stuff to everybody. Yes escalating to the CSM is a waste of time. At least they are doing something. Big companies often have complicated structures, and they seem like they are doing everything in their power.
For those threatening a class action lawsuit or going to the media, good luck. Especially given that these sounds do not indicate a dangerous precedent in how they operate.
I appreciate all the work Zillon and others are doing, and actively read the threads each night hoping for new developments. The only way we're going to fix this is to work together and stay on topic. Or buy new cars.
Define the value they truly add to the "Ford experience" and I will retract what I have stated. People will get a more "direct" experience going directly to the dealership; albeit this particular problem will be met with the usual roadblocks. The value add isn't there. Prove me wrong. It's like a "sign the petition" drive to get things on the local ballot; Ford is "monitoring" all right. But the signatures and the statistics aren't helping anyone with mechanical issues of this magnitude. It's a front. "At least they are doing something." Doing something? What do they bring to the table that you can't already get by picking up the phone and contacting your local dealer?
It's big corporate social media 101 -
Prove me wrong...

Last edited by BlazeFocus; 12-05-2012 at 05:52 PM.