Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #1639
symbology
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94555
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL HB 301A Mtl.Blk

FF Reputation: 1 symbology Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
I finally poured through this entire thread.
Are you kidding me? The entire Ford Customer Service presence on this website is complete joke. They are "coordinators" and offer no real added value; neither do the the assigned regional CSMs. They admittedly are not technical.

The nice thing about the web is that the record keeps growing.
Spend just 10 minutes sampling this thread and extension threads Zillon created along the way and you will see how useless the Ford rep dis jour is. It's almost robotic how they grab account names and ask for the same BS vehicle/owner info, with the same "I will happily assist" line.

Like I've stated before, this is that new millennium "social media" awareness campaign thing that medium to large companies are engaging. Looks good, promotes well, gives bragging rights to being "hip & current" but effectively nets zero results or propagation of truth for the paying customer base.

Must be a fun (low paying) dispatcher job to have...
Pouring through this thread will make any Focus owner with these problems upset.
I've also gotten the typical run around from the Ford Customer Service Manager of the San Francisco Bay Area. I did not experience them not calling me back, but they were pretty unhelpful. I also got to know the CS Manager's subordinates fairly well. Only spoke with her once.
That being said, this is my very first car. I emptied my savings account on what I thought would be a great car. Besides the clunk, grinding transmission, occasional jerks, and a half dozen MFT bugs, I can say that this car is pretty decent for what I paid for. That doesn't mean that these issues don't make me feel embarrassed when I have other people in the car, but I got a pretty good car for what I paid for.
I hope Ford finds a fix. I really do. If they don't, I'll drive this car for a few years until I find something else, hopefully get a decent trade in, and never buy another Ford. I'll tell other people how I really feel about Ford cars. If they do fix, I'll gladly recommend them and consider another one in the future (never a 1st gen, though).
I also think it's unproductive to chastise the Ford employee(s) that monitor this forum. Yes they say the same stuff to everybody. Yes escalating to the CSM is a waste of time. At least they are doing something. Big companies often have complicated structures, and they seem like they are doing everything in their power.
For those threatening a class action lawsuit or going to the media, good luck. Especially given that these sounds do not indicate a dangerous precedent in how they operate.
I appreciate all the work Zillon and others are doing, and actively read the threads each night hoping for new developments. The only way we're going to fix this is to work together and stay on topic. Or buy new cars.