Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Some New Issues
Thread: Some New Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #23
TCOC rel1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105626
What I Drive: 2014 ST Ticket Red

Points 605, Level 12
Points: 605, Level: 12 Points: 605, Level: 12 Points: 605, Level: 12
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 TCOC rel1 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebrud View Post
Agreed. Who would have thought that you would have to inspect for panel alignment before taking delivery, for example? I would love to get a look at a German-spec model...I'll bet they are much better put together. Watch a video of the Wayne factory vs. VW Wolfsburg to illustrate your point above. I would prefer to buy American (and I believe that there are many hard working people out there), but not if the product is not well-made.

That said, I have no rattles...the majority of trouble (besides panel gaps/alignment) has to do with fair-to-poor part quality (dash replaced, steering gear, driver's seat cover). The Focus is a nice design, but it is seriously outclassed by the VW Golf/GTI (especially the new Mk.7). Mk 7, here I come (in Spring '14)
Best of luck in the future, I however, bleed blue. I have owned a FORD since I was 19 and won't look back... My 2013 focus, and my 2003 Lightning almost pull the same at 2K. best of luck in that VW.....

Oh I was 19 in 1995.....