Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 focus
Thread: 2012 focus
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #32
12_T_Hatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87898
What I Drive: 12, White Platinum Metallic, Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 12_T_Hatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshoguno View Post
I think this is part of the problem. Why is it WE have to do most of the research in order to protect our own interests. Knowing the TSB's and reviews is great for the lower percentage of the population that tracks the forums, asks questions and posts messages, but what about the greater number of people who don't? If it is this hard for us well informed individuals to get our cars fixed then what about the less internet savvy, the less informed and the people who just don't think about these things the way we do. The ones who take their cars to the dealer and take the "questionable" answers they are given as gospel. Why is it one dealer will tell you something is normal and the next will understand and fix it for you. I just wish all car manufactures and dealerships were held more accountable. Ford Customer Service on this site is great, but that may be because we are considered more of a squeaky wheel. People who don't make their situations know, opinions known and are generally more publicly vocal may not get the same level of attention.
I can't agree with you more man. It's sad that I have to go to the dealership and tell the service manager what the issue is and where to go for the solution. Seems more and more service departments are taking the easy line of "that's normal" rather then actually diagnosing the problem. I even took the time as Crystal said and brought my service advisor for a ride, and he agreed there was an issue. One day later he called me and said my car was ready for pickup - when I asked what they did he said nothing, that its how the car is supposed to operate. Keep in mind two days ago he said my car was acting weird when he went for a ride with me...

Sent from my iPad using FF Mobile