Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #196
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerChad View Post
Why Cory, so I can hear Scott recite the same scripted BS lines I've heard since August of 2011? Ad nauseum? The people in the glass house in Dearborn KNOW there's an issue, and it's taken 18 months to get to the point of being "aware" of it.

No wonder you people average 2 months tenure on this board. It's got to be disheartening to continue to "escalate" people only to have them hear the same story from someone higher. Hell, get me to Alan Mullaly, I don't care...he'll here the same complaint from me that I've told to everyone else. My time should not be spent fixing Ford's engineering problems. Ford should be fixing the problem. They're not.

So what choice am I left with? A competitor. Plain and simple. And letting as many people as I can know my dissatisfaction.

That, my friend, is the cross that Ford must now bear.

BC
FORD - Fix O Repair Daily, translation.

Look at this, this way.:: they can't fix the problem and they can't recall that many cars at the same time or overtime, that will be dissaster for them.
Trust me there is no fix for that, you can swap clutch and you will be good for 500-1000 miles, then it's all will come back. So, don't sweat, it will be lesson for all us. NOT TO BUY NEW CaR with BUGS in it, better to wait year or two.
I tried ALL, last weekend did some work myself.
I will also recommend for some of you to spray contact grease on those 2 actuators(connectors), this might help, I did on mine. Helped a little.
Rattling noise I think because one set of clutches didn't desingage and other engages. I believe that's everybody's issues.
That's why you always have that noise on ODD to EVEN gear switching.
Horewer my rattling(grinding) little less, shudder though still appears.