Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2008-2011 Projector Retrofit Guide: Morimoto Mini H1
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98263
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhamel View Post
Everything you've posted will be Very helpful when I go to do this. I was going to start pulling them apart, but then I found out my stove/oven is a little too small to fit the assembly into it So I'll be waiting until I can find another oven that somebody will let me put my assemblies in, but then I have to do the disassemble somewhere other than home, which won't be a huge issue but is delaying me. Does it make your place smell like melting plastic? Is there any odor, at all, when you "bake" the assemblies? I might actually do it at work, hehe, but am curious about any odor.
Absolutely not, the only smell there might be is the warm permaseal but as soon as it cools it no longer smells (cool time is like 5 mins so you gotta work quick) Nobody should have a problem with you doing it.

I have a basic oven and my assembly barely fits without touching the sides but it worked. I will be updated my guide as I go. I got the second assembly tonight.

Also tonight I installed Eagle eyes in my friends 2004 Impala. When we had them against the wall I was amazed at what he got for the price of $250 with assemblies ready to plug and play.

Then we backed the car up to go on a test drive and I was like

I know it's not a focus eagle eyes but I would not expect any better. Would you rather have the above? Or the below?