Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #218
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Welcome to the party, Cory.

Unfortunately, Marilyn closed my case. I'm not sure how much background you have on my car, but just to let you in on the current situation, no dealer will touch it at this point, let alone admit to there being an issue with the suspension. I've heard, 'it's normal,' 'we couldn't duplicate the issue,' and I've even been given attitude by a service manager when I insisted that there was, in fact, a problem with my car.

The poor treatment on the dealer end of things is the reason I've been doing all of this experimental work on my own, spending my own money on parts, using my tools, and wasting my very valuable time. Why don't you ask my girlfriend how thrilled she is about me spending so much time trying to track down and eliminate this clunk that Ford most likely knows about, yet will do nothing to solve it.

I'm tired of getting the standard run-around on this whole thing. I've had my data 'passed on to engineering,' and I've had CS reps 'surprised' to hear what I've had to say. However, trying to go through the proper customer service avenues has gotten me nowhere. Why don't you tell us the truth? Actually, Ford probably won't even tell you what's going on either.

You may say you're dedicated to helping resolve this concern, but every other CS rep we've had 'help' us with this issue, has said the same thing.

Sorry to come off so harshly, but I think it's time to stop candy-coating the issue and tackle it head-on. I truly do love the rest of the car, but for the love of god, this clunk has driven me absolutely bonkers. It sounds like the front suspension is falling out of the car, and it's not quite the preferred conversation starter to have when I have passengers in the car.

How exactly does Ford expect me to recommend the car to others, when I'm not 100% happy with it myself?

So please, Cory. Be honest with us. And if company protocol prevents you from doing that, tell your manager that protocol is a load of crap.

Zack
If the truth is harsh, the so be it. Can't always sugarcoat when you're getting screwed.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D