Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus - Add NAV after the fact?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #36
Mrlandy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99623
What I Drive: 2012 focus titanium hatch

Points 28, Level 1
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 Mrlandy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I actually just sold my old sync service only unit after having the dealer upgrade my new nav unit to 3.5.1, I have the a4 card. What a difference. The nav and Bluetooth issues are fixed. Even after the update a master reset is critical, everything is wonky until the reset. I actually pulled the negative battery just to reset the tranny as well (please don't remove the battery tray, the negative ground is right on the fender next to the battery). The nav updates nearly instantly when the screen has to be redrawn. The only issue I see is that you cannot enter a home wireless key (greyed out) when the car is sitting in my driveway, but who uses that anyway? Jailbroken iphone with forever skip hack on Pandora and Sirius radio over Bluetooth is fantastic now. I even plug in my phone and slingbox tv to the dash when in park through my phone, the usb port glitch is gone. Now there is a button that will let me switch phones/iPods that are paired so we can let all of the passengers play DJ via their devices without any lag. I also hook up my GPXCanoo and play pac man on the dash screen. Very happy.

2 Things after pulling the neg. battery for 10 minutes, you will have to reprogram the windows to roll down with one click. You will also notice that any glitches in the transmission will be gone unless you use cruise control during the learning process.

I still need to wire in my 3rd party backup camera, but the weather has been so bad, I haven't wanted to pull apart the dash. I'll send pics when I take on this task. My titanium has come a long way since I purchased it, like a bad hobby. Stick with it, my car is now how it should have been when I bought it. Now I just have to Dip my rally wheels for winter and i'm done......for now.