Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #199
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

Points 732, Level 14
Points: 732, Level: 14 Points: 732, Level: 14 Points: 732, Level: 14
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey I'm the credit card fix guy.
When its about 60 degrees my sound will show up now, but for a very short time, and its way better with the shim. Now the sound stops completely after driving about 2 to 4 minutes. It used to take 10 to 20 minutes to warm up enough. So the credit card is doing something. If it comes back, I'm going to get a set of chassis ears with wires, and trouble shoot the thing to the point of knowing exactly where the noise is coming from.
I'm not sure why nobody has done this yet. It will mean put all six mic clips in various suspicious places, record the output on 6 separate tracks on my laptop, lather rinse repeat, until its zeroed in. I can't do it till Christmas break, and I'll only have about 4 minutes at a time maximum before the sound stops. Of course I could take the credit card out.

The mics are 119 bucks at amazon.com

We could send them around to people on the forum. That would be a good data resource.
Or ford could it do it for us:)

I pretty sure that "ford customer service" will not show up here again, peddling that jive about "working on it" with engineers yadda yadda. That's total BS.