Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input.
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #198
tang122
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105830
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Gray

FF Reputation: 1 tang122 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey, guys
Unfortunately, My car also has the clunk noise. It has been out of service for more than 50 days in 4 months. No Fix.
I just want to share some information .
Mine is 2012 SEL, bought as a demo.First ,everything was great. But there was a small imperfection. When turning the steering wheel to the left at very low speeds, I could hear a friction noise. Like two rubber pipes rub against each other. Because I was going to do a oil change , I told the service guy to check that noise. And that was the beginning of the nightmare.
I think the first two service records might be the key.
1st. TSB 12-6-17 performed(Both front spring and upper strut bearing). Friction noise was still there, but any way, it was not annoying at all. Still no clunk.
TWO DAYS past.
2nd .VERY loud metal on metal noise came from front end when driving on FLAT road at ANY speed. I brought it to the dealership, and had the left front sway bar links replaced. The loud metal on metal noise went away, but..... the clunk noise appeared. Since then, the clunk has never been eliminated.

Something about the clunk.
It comes from the drivers side. Hot and dry weather makes the noise worse. Cool wet weather can improve the noise. And I don't have the strut reinforcement plate.