Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - MTX-75 Problems going into 3rd?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
WOW.... reading directions really helps. I'm going to have to add this to the How-To if it works. The most important thing is that I've finally found out what that red thing was that was in my glove compartment when I purchased the car!!

That, my friends, is the tool that you use to adjust your shift cables. I am proud of myself that I didn't throw it away for the past 7 years. I bet there are other FF's out there wondering what that thing is too. It locks the shifter in center so you can adjust the cables. The procedure is fairly simple, and I've been doing it all wrong all along. This weekend I'll adjust it correctly, and add that to my How-To.

Y'all will have to forgive me for being a bit lazy. I stayed up till 2 am Fri after getting up at 4am, got up at 5am Sat, went to bed at 10pm Sat, up at 6am Sun, and didn't get to bed until 10 pm after working on the car all day. Then I went to work at 4am again today. I'm totally beat. I feel like I'm in a fog all day long. Tomorrow it will rain, but if it isn't raining after work- I'll see if I can do it then. Otherwise it's 2nd to 4th until Sat.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.