Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #187
sdwcam01
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106567
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 sdwcam01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I’m back home from the long drive there.

The dealership, of course, said it was normal until everything learns how I drive and gave me some printed papers titled “Service Personnel Support” and “Diagnosis tips to be used during service visit” which has no official logo or website to back it, but covers the “green clutch” in the focus and the 1000 mile break-in …well, I broke the 1000 mile mark on my way home and surprise, surprise, it did it when I turned onto my road.

While I was on the way, I called Ford customer relations and asked them what was up with this. The girl on the other end told me that there is no break-in period that she can find in the entire owner’s manual, nor the paperwork we receive with the car. I told her that would probably be a good idea, along with some sort of indication of what gear I am in, not just D or S. She also said there is nothing she can find stating that the car will make noise when it shifts.

She said to call back once I go through the dealership in my hometown, which I am going to do in the next few days.

I know Ford isn’t going to be reasonable when it comes time to buy this car back...look at some of my earlier posts on the steps I have to take for arbitration.

We will see from here…