Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Low MPG on new 2012 Titanium Hatch
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #106
Tra1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99323
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Focus Titianum

Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Tra1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaxial View Post
I have the 2012, with 17" wheels, titanium. I have gone close to 6000 miles and am barely getting 25MPG, if that, when calculating by hand having kept track of gallons put in , etc.

I wouldn't mind so much, but the tank is so tiny at 12.5, I can only go 300 miles before I need to fill up. I had expected much better than this. (Anyone know a trick to make your tank bigger!? :)

My drive is half freeway, half city commuting, and you would think I would get about 30MPG average, but I don't. I have tried using cruise control, SS, and other things, but nothing works.

Should I have it looked at? I am not even getting the city average, when half my time is on the freeway.

Yes you should take it in and let them get it on record. See if they give you any better answers then I got. I get around 28 mpg with mostly country driving. When on the highway if I drive over 80(by accident) it seems to really take a dump downward. I am working with ford customer service right now. I have to return a call to them this week when I can set down and talk to them. What ever you do get it checked out. Use Fuelly or Fuel economy.gov to track your fuel milage(it's free). Also a good place to get good info so you can see that 90% of the Ti owners get on average of 32 mpg with thier cars. Only us few 10% get lower.

If you get any feed back from your dealer please let me know and I will do the same.

Thanks, Tra1969.
Moonroof, Sony MFT, siriusxm