Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #184
sdwcam01
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106567
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 sdwcam01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerChad View Post
There's no sense in escalating this to Ford Customer Service. It does nothing. All you will be told is "the engineers are aware of it and are working on it" which is the same line I've been handed since one month after I bought this vehicle in June of 2011. Same line. Over and over and over again. (Just like Sync/MFT)

Unless the transmission drops out on the interstate, spews fluid, starts the car on fire, contributes to global warming, etc....forget it. It's a waste of time.

As a Ford stockholder, I'm embarrassed for my company. As a Ford owner, I'll be making more visits to competitors I guess. 18 months of "we're aware of it" when I get snarky looks from people next to me at traffic lights ain't cutting it.

BC
Thanks for the info. Kind of disheartening, but the truth is painful sometimes. Lol.

I'm going to see what everyone says, but as I've said before, I'm becoming informed with the California lemon law and arbitration process. I'm gong to assume this is a higher level item and all I have to do is give them one chance to fix it and then send a letter to ford asking them to buy it back. If they don't, off to arbitration for me.