Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Subi in snow, like a boss.
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #16
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
It's my beater car. It's paid for, getting a little rusty, 190,xxx miles, good snow tires, poor heater ...
It's made to beat on and loves every bit of it.

The only time I've been stuck was early 2011. We got a bunch of snow 10-13" in one shot. They pulled the plows off the road and I had to get home from work (the snow fell while I was there). I made it out of town and got hung up in a rut in the road. A nice guy with truck and strap pulled my around and I went back to town and waited for a plow to go by,,, 9 hours later.
Then I got out of town and to my road. Haddn't been plowed yet. I was so close I had to try and get home. Made it about 1/4 mile down my road; 3/4 left to get home. Got stuck so bad even shoveling wouldn't budge the car. Snow was up to the headlights and it just wasn't going to work.
Neighbor pulled me out and about 15 minutes later the plow came by.
The whole ordeal sucked. Even the trucks and such that were out had trouble. It's a case where ground clearance is key. I have plenty grip, just not enough clearance.