View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #18
wintrjr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98312
What I Drive: 2006 Blue ZX3 2.0

FF Reputation: 1 wintrjr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
OK, an update on my high idle. My car is back to normal and running great!!!! All I can say is that run time and mileage was what worked for my car . . . more time than I thought it would take.

On a side note, about a month ago, I came across a guy in a new V6 Camaro with a stick that was making his left hand turn so, so slow. When we straightened out I got in the right lane and started running my '06 ZX3 (111,000 miles BTW) thru the gears and the dude in the Camaro hit it at about the same time. Up to about 60 mph. I stayed right with him, about 1 car length behind . . . after that I started catching this Camaro. At about 95 mph I was along side of this guy, passing him and laughing uncontrollably. Now, I was running my little ZX3 pretty hard but so was the Camaro, I could really hear him hitting the gears and high RPMs. Now, I know that it was only a V6 but supposedly 310 horsepower and he was driving it good . . . . I'd have taken it back to the Chevy dealer and demanded my money back after getting beaten by a Focus. Needless to say . . . this was a fun day!!!!!